How to install Chrome extensions on Android :- Google Chrome is the leader in most used web browsers of the world. The Apps and Extensions present on the Google Chrome App Store make it even more useful and functional.
You will find Chrome Extension usage on a large scale when it comes to the Desktop browsers but Google doesn’t have any such auxiliary support for Chrome Web Store for its Android Browser. And there seems no any plan from the Google to roll out any such support in future.
You can get extensions of Google Chrome from Chrome Web Store. When you are using Google Chrome on the desktop, it is easy to install the extensions. However, the same cannot be said when you want to install the extensions in Google Chrome for the Android devices.
Many of us Think we can’t use Google chrome extension in our android phone. But thats not true. In this post i will tell you “How to install Chrome extensions on Android“ and believe me it is not difficult task to install chrome extension on android browser.
Why to use chrome extensions in android?
Well some extensions enhance the browsing experience and give some secret data or perform various functions that your browser without them can’t do. Extensions are very helpful and allow to many things. There are extensions for taking a screenshot, see the seo score of any particular website, translation purpose, notepad extensions and various social media extensions. I Think Chrome Extension makes our internet works more cool and easy.
How to install Chrome extensions on Android?
Follow the steps given below to install chrome extension on android browser.
Step 1 : Open Google Play Store and download Yandex Browser. Install the browser on your phone.
- We, all know that the default Chrome on Android doesn’t support extensions. Hence, we will be using Yandex browser for the same. Yandex is also based on Chromium code(like Google Chrome) and thus can directly install apps & games from Google Chrome Store.
Step 2 : Once, you have installed Yandex browser, launch it from the apps launcher. It will now open a address bar browser page as shown below .
Step 3 : Now In the URL box of your New browser, open ‘chrome.google.com/webstore’ by entering the same in the URL address.
Step 4 : Now Look for the Chrome extension that you want and once you have it, tap on ‘Add to Chrome.
step 5 : Now for installing chrome extension on android Click on “Add’ button.
The added Chrome extension will now be automatically added to the Yandex browser.
So after following these simple 5 step you can install chrome extensions on android.
What is Yandex Browser?
Yandex Browser is one of the most popular web browsers on Android with over 50 Million downloads. is a freeware web browser developed by the Russian web search corporation Yandex that uses the Google’s Blinkweb browser engine and is based on the Chromium open source project.
The browser checks WebPage security with the Yandex security system and checks downloaded files with Kaspersky anti-virus. The browser also uses Opera Software’s Turbo technology to speed web browsing on slow connections.
It is one of the few browsers that support Chrome extension even on the Android devices. Now that you know that, you should be using this browser whenever there is a need for using Chrome extension on your Android device.
Best Google Chrome extensions to make your life Easier
Here i am suggestion you some of the best extension for android which will make your life easier.
LastPass :- LastPass means you only have to remember one password to keep all your other login details together in one place.
- Privacy Badger : Privacy Badger is a great extensions which protects your online privacy while you are browsing the internet.
- TunnelBear VPN : A good way to protect your browsing history from being tracked not only by the automatic scripts present on websites but also from your ISPs (internet service providers) is by using a VPN.
- Pocket : Pocket is a read it later service which allows users to save articles offline for a later reading.
- Noisli : Want to be productive but getting distracted by all the noise around you, then check out Noisli. Noisli is the one of the best and most beautifully designed productivity companion.
- Grammarly : If you are really productive on the web, a good chunk of your time is being spent on writing things. Whether you are replying to emails or drafting your next article on Google Docs, Grammarly is an extension which can help you write better.
- MailTrack : One of the things that made WhatsApp really popular was the double-green check marks which helped users in seeing if their messages were read or not. MailTrack brings that same double-green checkmark feature to your Gmail account.
Adblock Plus : It’d be remiss of us not to mention Adblock Plus, the best-known ad-blocker for Chrome.
- Coupons at Checkout : Just as the name suggests, Coupons at Checkout detects when you’re about to buy something online, then scours the web for any coupons you might be able to use.
There are many more usefull extension which you can use in your android device if you want to know about more cool extension for android browser then let me know in the comment section.
Best pick for you :
If you find this article “How to install Chrome extensions on Android” helpfull then plaese do share this articles with your friends on Facebook and Whatsapp. I will see you in my next post till then Do whatever you want to Do my lovely Friends.